|Author||Amafirlian 13:30, 15 July 2007 (UTC)|
(0,0,12,45)-deltahedron consisting of 2 hexagonal modules (containing 3 spheres connected to 5 rods) at the top and the bottom, and 6 more spheres connected to 5 rods around the middle.
It is completely rigid, and highly reminiscent of Alain Lobel's frames.
It can be easily extended by introducing more layers.
Building Instructions Edit
- Create a hexagonal module with 3 spheres connected to 5 rods.
- Add layer after layer with spheres connected to 6 rods.
- Introduce a layer with 3 spheres connected to 5 rods (using the 3-fold symmetry of the structure so far.
- Introduce another layer with 3 spheres connected to 5 rods, so these spheres are separated to the ones in the previous layer by a sphere that is connected to 6 rods.
- Complete the bottom halve (notice that the top and bottom halve are identical).